Friday, February 13, 2009

Baby Ryan's Nursery

I've gotten in the habit of calling him "Baby Ryan" to Kelly all the time that it has stuck! :) I FINALLY finished his nursery...the last pieces of the puzzle were getting his "artwork" framed. It started out a huge ordeal because I couldn't find what I wanted (nursery rhyme prints) and then when I found some (I cut them out of a book!) it was going to cost me an arm and a leg to have them custom framed. So, my sweet hubby spray painted black frames white for me (I couldn't find white, premade, 12x12 frames) and they turned out great...you'd never know they weren't white to begin with! I had mats cut and then put it all together and it turned out perfect...and super cheap!

The rocking chair was my grandmother's (Nana...my mom's mom...she died when I was in college) and I had it in Kelly's room as a baby too. My mom made the crib skirt and I made the changing table cover...I still have two more to make, so hopefully I'll get that done before he arrives! I also still have to do something about the lamp shade...I think I'll have enough fabric to cover it when I'm done with my changing table covers...for now it stays white! I'll think of something...

I'm so excited that it turned out exactly the way I pictured it...I wanted a really "baby" nursery for him and had a hard time finding things that were "baby" for a little boy...

Now all we need is little Ryan! :)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks great..you did a wonderful job!

Keeley said...

Very cute. Good job!