Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Kelly Update

Kelly got back from Mammy and Pappy's house on Sunday...for the first time in a LONG time she didn't tell us to go away when we got there to pick her up! She was excited to see us and we were so excited to see her after being apart for 4 days. According to Mammy and Pappy's report she wasn't on her best behavior while at their house this time! I think she had a case of jealousy with her cousin Lex...she wanted to do everything like him, including suck on a paci! Mammy didn't think she would keep interest in it long so she gave her one...boy, was that a mistake! She loved the paci and wanted it all the time...luckily, as soon as we left she hasn't mentioned it since...she's back to her good 'ole thumb! I think all in all, despite her whiny behavior, they still had a great time...she got to have a hayride, feed the goats and chickens/ducks every day and best of all, play with Mammy and Pappy.

While she was at Mammy's she and Lex did some artwork and she did her first painting of something that actually looks like what it is supposed to be! This painting below she said was of a sailboat...you can see it, right? :)


She also came home with a couple of art pieces from school today...the first is a school bus that she painted and arranged the wheels and windows herself. The second is a tooth that she painted white using a toothbrush...she thought that was pretty neat. She's really into brushing her teeth these days...I think she's discovered that the toothpaste tastes yummy!




We did a lot of work on her big girl room while she was away...it's turning out so cute...here are some pics so far..
I did goldfish in the bathroom where the tub/toilet is...it's a jack and jill bath, so i wanted something that wasn't too girly...
here's her little toddler bed (courtesy of my friend julye) and the decoration above the bed. I hung them a little high because she will eventually be in a full size bed with a bigger headboard. Obviously, the lamp will have a shade...
closeup of the painting/collage above her bed...
view of the room from the doorway
I painted these butterflies on the wall after seeing some decals that give this effect in pottery barn kids...when I took this pic the painting wasn't quite finished, but you get the idea...this is in the bathroom where her sink is.

3 comments:

Keeley said...

Good job on the painting. I like the little butterfiles especially. :)

Carrie said...

Uh oh....jealous of Lex???? There might be some of that when the new baby comes, but I bet she'll adjust fine and end up loving being a big sister! Kelly's room looks soooo cute! Did you do the painting above her bed? LOVE IT!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Mom came over to check on me and Lex asked where Kelly was? We miss her....even if she was a little bit jealous. We always have a spare paci for cousins! :)
Her room is so sweet. You did a great job!