Sunday, August 9, 2009

Moore Family Reunion

We went to Arkansas this weekend for a "family reunion" of sorts...not the "rent out the VFW" type of family reunion, but all the family happened to be in one place kind of reunion....

I have two sets of aunts and uncles...one lives in Colorado Springs and the other in Jacksonville, FL, so we don't get to see each other that often...in fact we think this was the first time we've ALL been there at the same time for almost 15 years! It was fun to see family and visit...I wasn't the best at taking pictures, but here are some! :)

Kelly had so much fun "playing" with her cousins...of course, all the Colorado and Florida cousins range in age from 13-23, but they were all so sweet to Kelly and let her participate and play and even took her swimming when I didn't feel like it! She had a blast playing with Lex and Garrett as usual too...she and Lex are really starting to play together rather than just side by side and its so cute to listen in on what they are talking about!

The family...

Kelly catching butterflies...my mom planted these zinnas by her sidewalk and they are huge and covered with butterflies...the kids had so much fun trying to catch them!

Garrett caught a big butterfly and Mammy let them release it in the house to play with...I don't recall her ever letting me release butterflies in the house! Must be a grandma thing... :)

The boys...Drew, Garrett, Lex and Ryan...in about 6-8 weeks we'll have another one...Baby Brett!

We found a locust shell and I showed Kelly and Lex how they could hang it on their clothes...Scott corrected be that its a cicada, but I always called them locusts when I was growing up so locusts it is! :) I remember them being all over the trees growing up and you could go get the shells and hang them all over your shirt...so fun...



Mammy has rubber snakes out in the gazebo to scare away birds...Kelly and Lex thought they were so much fun! Lex kept whipping is around and said it was a "cowboy rope"


Mammy and Pappy have a monkey swing hanging from one of the big trees in their yard...this was the first time kelly has swung on it (I think) and she thought it was so fun!

Is this picture not precious???
The Colorado and Florida cousins were playing frisbee and were nice enough to carry Lex on their shoulders and let him play...he caught the frisbee and thought it was the best thing in the whole world!
Ryan and Pappy watching the frisbee game...

2 comments:

Aunt Monica said...

We had the best time too!! I love the monkey swing pics, I did not see them at Mom's. I think this was the best Kelly and Lex time I have ever seen, they were so precious. It makes me even more excited for BR and Brett to have each other in the future.

Mammy said...

It was a great week and it went too fast ! I love all the pictures you made...I miss My Princess and Prince!