Monday, August 31, 2009

I used to judge...



I used to judge people by what their kids were wearing...yes, I know that's wrong, but when I would see some mom in the store with a kid dressed like a hobo I would think, "What a terrible mother...even if you don't have money you can at least match!" Well, I've had to eat my words as Kelly has gotten older and wants to pick out her own clothes...yesterday at Costco she insisted on wearing her pink stocking cap from last winter...today for church she really wanted to wear these stripped biker shorts that were a hand-me-down, stained and too small...I talked her out of those at least! :) Oh, and we have hundreds of dollars of adorable outfits and what's her favorite??? Last year's garanimal t-shirts from walmart...

It will be interesting to see what I get her in for the first day of school tomorrow...my pick is little navy shorts from gymboree with apples on them and a shirt that says, "A is for Adorable"...I have a feeling she'll have other ideas! :)

2 comments:

Mom said...

I'd say Kelly has possibly taught you more than one valuable lesson! Funny, sweet, little girl!

Clark Family said...

That is so funny. I am glad that Hayven does not really care what I pick out for her and she will tell you as long as she is cute she if fine.