Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Day Is Finally Here....

Kelly's Birthday!!! Well, technically its tomorrow but she's 3 and doesn't know that so we're pretending its today! :) She talked us into opening her presents from us and Mammy and Pappy last night...Mammy and Pappy got her a new baby with clothes to change into and we got her this really cute outdoor play sink...both were big hits!

This morning was her birthday party and I think it exceeded all her expectations. It was the perfect day and surprisingly we were the only ones at the pool with the exception of one or two other families! I was so worried there would be a crowd and it would be too chaotic! She got lots of great toys from her friends, some new outfits and a "bike hat" from Mia and Dude...she's been asking for a helmet forever!!!

After the party we came back home and had family over for hot dogs...thanks to everyone for sharing her special day with us!

Here are some highlights...




Her first gift of the "birthday season"! It's her doll from Mammy and Pappy...




Kelly and her play sink from Mom and Dad...it's super cool because it works on a pump system so you fill the tub and then she can make water come out of the faucet, etc. She loved it!




The party set up


The birthday girl with her balloons and gifts...I can't believe she's getting so big! Look how long and lean her legs are starting to get! :)


Jumping with Daddy


Swimming with Mommy...and Daddy's floating by in the background!


The kiddos waiting on cupcakes...don't they all look so cute in their party hats?


Love, Love, Love this picture!!! Kelly specifically requested pink cupcakes with ponies on top...throw on 3 candles and this cupcake was FULL!!! But, she loved it!


Blowing out her candles...she was a little timid about it so I had to help her...I think all of a sudden being the center of attention was a little much for our baby girl!

Oh and check out the shirt I gave my dad for father's day...it says, "Yesterday's flower children are today's blooming idiots" So hilarious!


The birthday girl getting ready to open her gifts!


Baby Ryan enjoying the party...he wore his suit, but unfortunately slept through the whole party!


Yummy...tootsie pops!


Lunch with Travis and Janelle

2 comments:

Aunt Monica said...

Looks like you had a great party Kelly! I wish I could have eaten one of the cupcakes.

Keeley said...

What a fun birthday. Thanks again for having us at your party Kelly! Tyler had a blast. :)