Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Three Queens

We went to church this morning for Christmas Eve (our church has 5 services throughout the day to choose from and the two during the day are geared towards kids) and the service was really cute. I was disappointed that they didn't have the choir or orchestra there, but if I had really thought about it I would have known they probably would only be at the evening services...oh well!

They had kids reading the Christmas story and then different kids dressed as the characters acting it out. The audience kids were encouraged to come dressed as their favorite nativity character, so at different times during the reading all the animals came up, all the marys and josephs, etc. Kelly was so good...she watched and listened and sang (even though she didn't know the words). At the end when the wise men were going up I noticed that other kids that weren't dressed were going too so I asked her if she wanted to and she did! So, off we went and we sat up on the stage for the last song. She wore her red and white striped dress and leggings from hanna anderson (she says she looks like a peppermint in it!) so today the nativity had animals, shepherds, mary, joseph, baby jesus, angels and a peppermint stick! :)

She had a lot of fun though...I asked her what her favorite part was and she said "the queens"! Which, I'm assuming is the 3 Kings...one of the "kings" was a girls in a pink shiny drape, so I guess that's why she thinks they are queens! :) So funny!

Here are some pics of her on our way to church...the first one I said "Smile pretty for Mommy" and this is what I got...the second one she was saying "Santa Claus" which she thought was funny, thus the cute smile. I'm afraid we're in that akward smile phase! :)

No comments: