Kelly's steri-strips finally came off last night and we got the first look at her little scar...she looked in her princess mirror and said, "I think it looks nice". We agree! :) She agreed to let me take her picture, so I seized the moment (she rarely agrees to pictures these days) and snapped a couple quick ones in the tub...
We went for her post-op check up today and Dr. Burns said her incision looks exactly the way it should...it is far from perfect at this point, but we knew it initially would not be "pretty"...it is still much flatter than I imagined...Dr. Burns said we would be amazed how much better it looks in a couple of months...we go back for another check up in February, and he said he'd know more then about if we will need a scar revision surgery or not.
Until then we are to just leave it alone and let it heal!
Thanks for all your prayers...one of the biggest things I was worried about was how she would feel about the scar after the surgery and she could care less...I think it really isn't that shocking to her because as of right now she still just has a red dot on her forehead...she's completely cool with it, which is a huge relief!
2 comments:
sweet kelly, give her a hug for me!!!
it looks wonderful! Such a pretty girl :)
Post a Comment