Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Porky, the Christmas Elf



Kelly was having a melt down this morning because I wouldn't let her open her Christmas present (its going to be a LONG month!) so I decided to get out our new Elf on the Shelf...when she wasn't looking I threw him up on the cupboard and tossed the book on the coffee just in time to exclaim, "Kelly! Look! Our elf is here!!!!" We've been telling her about how Santa sends elves out around Thanksgiving to watch children's behavior and report back to Santa each night...then in the morning he comes back to our house (in a different spot...we have to find him!) to watch us again...Kelly is mesmerized! She loves our elf and one of the first things you have to do is give him a name...without hesitation she picked "Porky"...so, Porky it is! :)

I've had friends say that behavior between Thanksgiving and Christmas is the best of the whole year because of these silly little elves! Let's hope that's true at our house too! Although, today Kelly started fussing about something while we were in my bathroom and I said, "Remember Kelly, Porky is watching you" to which she replied with a devilish look on her face, "Porky isn't in here right now"....oh me! :)

2 comments:

Mammy said...

Kelly is TOO smart ! I LOVE the elf's name...so funny!

Aunt Monica said...

I wonder if Porky and Sam are friends? Lex seems scared to death that "Sam, the elf" is watching him....but it does seem to work.:)