Thursday, July 2, 2009

Trip to Arkansas

We survived! I got a wild hair and decided that Kelly, Ryan and I would go to Arkansas to visit my family without Scott this week...not that he wasn't invited, but he had to work! :) The kids were GREAT in the car...I think Ryan cried a total of 15 minutes the entire trip there and back! I'm so glad they were good...now I won't be scared to go again!

We spent our week mostly swimming in Mammy and Pappy's pool...having the house right there for Ryan to sleep in was perfect and gave me some time to spend with Kelly without worrying about Ryan.

Kelly also got to see her first fireworks...she hasn't seen any before because 1. She's usually afraid of loud sounds and 2. Frisco doesn't set off their fireworks until WAY past her bedtime! Mammy and Pappy had some left over from New Years so we set them off and she thought it was fabulous...now I won't feel guilty for not letting her stay up to see them on the 4th!

Here are some pics from our trip...enjoy!

My mom has the most beautiful zinnas lining her front walk...





Pappy and Ryan


Ryan has decided that he doesn't want to nurse anymore and so he's taking bottles now about 50% of the time...at Mammy's he learned to hold it by himself...such a big boy!

He also did some relaxing in the pool...

I bought Kelly a slip and slide before we left so Lex could show her how to do it...she loved it!


Ryan and Aunt Monica swimming...Monica is 7 months pregnant and I had joked about how I was going to lay out next to her this summer so I'd look good in my swimsuit...well, we laid out side by side and sadly, there wasn't much difference! :(


When we were leaving today Pappy saw a baby bird jump from his nest...Kelly was a little afraid of it, but she did give it a little pat to feel his soft feathers

2 comments:

Aunt Monica said...

We had a nice time too....I love the zinnia pics! I have not taking any, the boys don't seem to up on the idea of getting their pics made in the flowers...go figure! HA

Clark Family said...

Looks like you guys had a good time. I wondered if you decided to go since I did not hear from you. Have a great weekend and we will see you on Tuesday!