Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Our trip to Mammy and Pappy's

It was our first road trip with two kids this weekend and it went remarkably well! :) Ryan slept the whole way to mom and dad's, except for when we woke him up to eat. He was a super good traveler, just like his sister was! Kelly was great too, but she has gotten old enough to start the "Are we almost there?" every 10 seconds! She would ask us, "Is this Mammy's "neiverhood"?" and then literally 30 seconds later she would ask us again! After lunch, I declared it "rest time" and she was quiet the rest of the trip! :)


We had so much fun...Pappy heated the pool so we could all swim...even Ryan took part in the festivites! Kelly did great at the swimming pool...she picked right up where she left off last year...she was a little apprehensive to jump off the board, but on day two of swimming she finally did, as long as I would hold her hand. I bet by the end of the week, she'll be doing it all by herself! (Scott, Ryan and I came home Sunday, but Kelly stayed and isn't coming home until Friday).












Ryan also got to meet his great grandmother, Mimi, and his Great Aunt, Nan, this weekend. My sister and I took Ryan over to Mimi's house to meet her and he LOVED her! He just smiled at her and stared right at her the whole time we were there! It was so cute! My mom's sister, Ann ("Nan" to her grandchildren...I always have called her "Aunt" because "Aunt Ann" was too hard to say!) came down on Saturday afternoon and got her fair share of love and cuddles from Ryan too! It was so fun to get to catch up with everybody!










Kelly was really into playing with play dough this trip and she spent almost an hour sitting in Mimi's lap playing at the kitchen table!





Here are some cute shots of Ryan and my sister, Monica...I think I posted earlier, but in case I didn't, she just found out she's having boy #4! Baby Brett...







My parents neighbors had two John Deer riding toys that their son had outgrown and they gave them to my parents...needless to say, they are a big hit! Lex is an EXCELLENT driver...he can reverse, drive around obstacles, etc., with ease...Kelly tried driving it and nearly took out my sister and friend Kerri before hitting the haystack! :) She definitely needs some driving lessons! :) Luckily there is lots of open space for her to learn to drive without hitting anything...




Kelly also went fishing with her daddy, Uncle Brian, and Drew, Garrett and Lex...Pappy bought Kelly a princess fishing pole with a little pink fish on the end instead of a hook and she thought it was fabulous! When they came back up she told me she caught a big fat fish! It wasn't until later that I knew she didn't have a hook and the "fish" she caught was the pink plastic on on the end of her pole! :) Scott said she would stick the tip of the pole in the water, swish it around and then pull it out and declare that she had caught one! So cute...









1 comment:

Aunt Monica said...

We had the best time. Can't wait for our next visit to your house!