Sunday, June 29, 2008

Kelly is home from Mammy and Pappy's!!!

We went to Arkansas to pick up Kelly on Thursday and spent a few days with my parents. My Aunt Linda and cousins, Chris and Melissa, were there too so it was nice to see them. When we got there Thursday Kelly had just gotten up from her nap. Mom brought her to the door and opened it and when she saw Scott and I standing there she started waving her hands shouting "No, No, No"! I think she took one look at us and realized that her fun time at Mammy and Pappy's was coming to an end! She also shouted, "Daddy, Work!" which we can only assume means that Daddy needed to leave and go to work! I was a little upset that she wasn't spending her days waiting on me to come get her, but most of all I was so glad she had such a great time with Mammy and Pappy. Here are a couple of the pictures from when Scott and I were there...
Kelly, eating her first corn on the cob...

Kelly, Mammy and Pappy at Abe's Ole Feed House...great restaurant in the middle of nowhere...it's a seafood buffet...fried catfish, hushpuppies, etc. Real healthy...

This last picture was taken tonight...I let the water get too deep in the tub and Kelly decided to swim! She would swim from one end to the next, and she would float on her back...that's something she is refusing to do these days in the swimming pool. So, at least now I know she can still do it! :) I have some really hilarious video of her swimming in the tub, but it's a little "risque" so I decided not to post it...you'll just have to all see it the next time you are at our house!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So funny.....I used to love the tub getting too full. Do you remember how we would slide down the back and splash water everywhere? HA I will be sure to teach Kelly that when we come. :)

Carrie said...

I guess all kids like to "swim" in the tub! I remember Ashley and I swimming...AND sliding down the back, too!