Thursday, July 3, 2008

Kelly's First Trip to the Dentist!

Kelly went to the dentist for the first time today, and I have to say it went better than expected. She was fine in the waiting room (it's really neat...they have a movie playing and a whole playset like at McDonald's!) and she was fine when we got into our room...the hygentist let her touch all the instruments and they gave her a new Dora toothbrush. Oh! Before we went to our room we got to go pick out what movie we wanted to watch...guess what Kelly picked...Dora! :) Anyway, once the "cleaning" started she got upset and I ended up holding her in my lap while they cleaned her teeth. She was hysterical over the electric toothbrush (don't know why...that's what we use at home) so they just used the Dora toothbrush they had given her. They checked for cavities and then put some flouride on her teeth. I'm proud to say that Kelly is now a member of the "No Cavities Club"! :) They do a drawing each month for the "No Cavities Club" for a special surprise...all in all I think it went well...here's a picture of Kelly when we first got to our room. She's chewing on her new toothbrush and watching Dora on the TV (her new Dora and Diego toys that Mammy got her also had to go with us to the dentist). And, when we left she got a Dumbo sticker and a snazzy pair of hot pink star-shaped sunglasses!


Oh yeah...we got scolded for being a thumb sucker... :(

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Kelly, I hope you stay in the "No Cavities Club." I, on the other hand, got kicked out a LONG time ago! I'm sad you got scolded for being a thumb-sucker....I sucked my thumb just like you and I LOVED it!!! I did finally get too old to be doing that and my grandmother told me a horrible story about what would happen to my thumb if I kept sucking it, which I fell for, so I quit. My advice to you is to keep on sucking that thumb, but quit before you go to school. GREAT advice!!! :-)

Heath and Adriana Stacey said...

Kelly - I am glad you did well at the dentist. I knew you would! It was so fun to see you when we were in Dallas, although next time I hope we get to see more of you...I think we will rent a car next time so we have free range :) I agree with Carrie about the thumb sucking...I sucked my thumb until I was seven, but then I stopped because my mom said I could get my ears pierced if I stopped. So, hold out until they offer you something really good!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you had a good report at the dentist...and if he wants you to stop sucking your thumb lets not let him do his favorite thing too. I hope you stay in the no cavities club, I am still a member too! :)
I love you!!