Saturday, December 1, 2012

Dallas Christmas Parade

This morning the big kids and I headed downtown for the annual Christmas parade...this is the first year I've taken the kids and we had so much fun!  We decided to skip the ticketed seats and take our chances and we had the best luck...ended up next to a group from a church in Ennis who not only moved so the kids could sit on the front row, they gave me a chair to sit in too!  So we had front row seats and loved every minute of it!  :)

Before the parade they had tons of clowns entertaining the kids...
Ryan was not amused, but Kelly was totally into it!

Waiting for the parade to start...I decided last minute to take my double stroller (even though they are both too old for a stroller) and I'm so glad I did...it was perfect to keep tabs on them in the crowds...and pushing 100 lbs of love gave me a workout!

Snow Fairy float...

Nutcracker balloon...

Curious George

Mr. Potato Head

Bear in the Big Blue House...does this even come on TV anymore?  
I decided he must have been a discount balloon this year!  ;)

Clifford

Junie B. Jones!  OMG...Kelly was SOOO excited, as she has just discovered Junie B. books!  
The costume was hideous, but she didn't seem to mind!


Raggedy Ann...

...and Andy



Ryan was so excited to see Batman!  Of course, my camera jammed and I didn't get a picture of him!

Little Critter

Smurfette...as she went past us the wind blew and almost blew her into the crowd!  As this giant blue balloon character was coming toward us I thought, oh great...another parade disaster!  At least this one was just a balloon!  Luckily, the handlers got her under control and the crisis was over!  

Maisy, Max (from Max and Ruby) and Biscuit...which begs the question, where was Ruby?



Marine Band

Santa!

Ho Ho Ho!

Elves...


No comments: