Saturday, December 1, 2012

Dallas Arboretum

After the parade we ate a quick lunch and then headed to the Dallas Arboretum...Kelly has been dying to see the Chihuly exhibit ever since she learned about it in art camp this summer....I thought we had missed it, but luckily it was extended until the end of the month!  Yahoo!  It was awesome...and, to our surprise, Santa and his reindeer were there too!  Could our day get any better?  :)



Santa's Reindeer

Ryan was excited to see Santa...until Santa reached out, picked him up and plopped him down on his lap!  

Ryan wouldn't even make eye contact with him!  After we left I asked him why and he said, "Because he's WEIRD!!!!"

Kelly was excited...but nervous about what to say she wanted because she already told him she wanted a jump rope and magic set, so should she remind him of that or say something else?  This girl has major anxiety issues...I wonder where she gets that from?  :)

Frosty and Rudolph...seriously, the lamest frosty costume I've ever seen...Kelly pointed out "he's not real (really???) because its just a guy in a suit...you can see him under there and look! He's wearing shoes...real frosty doesn't have shoes..."  Oh, and check out Ryan...he's not into costumed characters AT ALL!

Cute little bridge outside Monet's house...

"The Dallas Star"

I was shocked there weren't more people at the arboretum...it was a BEAUTIFUL day and the weekend!  



 








We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day...am I the only one who thinks 80 degrees on December 1st is AWESOME?  It was so beautiful today...just slightly warm, a nice breeze...perfection.


1 comment:

Julie Curtis said...

Wow that place looks awesome! Are all those odd looking things there year round?
I'm going to look this up and read about it. Kids were cute, especially Ryan.