Thursday, November 11, 2010

Science!

Last week Kelly announced that she wanted to do a science experiment, so off I went to the store in search of supplies.  Today we decided to make a volcano....she was thrilled and had lots of fun!
Getting all of our supplies ready...
first we colored some poster board brown and twisted it into a volcano shape.

Next we added baking soda to an empty bottle

We mixed vinegar with red food coloring for our "lava"


the we poured the vinegar mixture into the bottle...and....

Ker-sploosh!  :)  It actually fizzed much better than this but by the time I grabbed the camera it had calmed down again....

Kelly was THRILLED with the experiment and can't wait to do something else....I'm going to have to go to Barnes and Noble quick and get a book on kid science experiments!

1 comment:

Mammy said...

Kelly, it makes me super happy that you want to do science projects! I have always loved science too! Keep up the good work!