Kelly went to the doctor today for her 18 month check up...she has a virus today (fever/vomiting last night), but other than that she's right where she needs to be developmentally. She's super tall for her age...35 inches! He said average for an 18 month old was about 32 inches...I know she'll hate it when she's in junior high like I did, but I'm so excited that she's so tall! :) She weighed 29lbs. 9oz. and was in the 95th percentile for weight and over 97% for height.
He also said to swtich Kelly to 2% milk...for some reason he doesn't seem to think that she needs that whole milk anymore! :)
Dr. Nail said that if her hemangioma is still around at 2 years then he will send us to the Vascular Anomaly Clinic at Children's Hospital for a consultation. He said they may still say to just wait and see, but he always goes for a second opinion at that age. I don't think we would want to do anything surgical or otherwise this summer, but I will at least take her down there and see what they have to say. I'm still hoping that it will continue to fade on its own...it really got a lot lighter this fall and now it seems to have stabilized again. But its amazing the change from last year at this time...see pics below.
Anyway, she's doing wonderful and is right on track of where she needs to be!

1 comment:
She is wonderful, beautiful, and brilliant and we all love her so much! Wow, our "babies" are growing too fast...
Post a Comment